Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tuesday Tooth Trouble

I went to the dentist on Tuesday. They thought that I needed a root canal, so I was set with my new I-Pod and a whole bunch of songs to keep me busy. It was going fine when about 30 min. into the dental work the dentist says, "Oh, Crap!"

WHAT??? Don't say that! Don't say that!! Oh Crap What?!?! My mouth was full of stuff and I am trying to say "WHAT?? What is wrong??"

So he gets up and looks at the x-rays for what feels like an hour and then sits back down. He says, "There is good news and there is bad news. Good news is you do not need a root canal. Bad news is your 2 fillings flanking this tooth are crumbling out. They are about 12 years old and the fillings do not fill the tooth properly. Do you want me to fix them now or wait for later?"

I knew that the teeth felt weird but I had no idea that the fillings were bad so I tell him to just fix them now while I was numbed up and in the chair. Plus since there is no root canal it will be cheaper and I can have the other teeth fixed while I am here. So he gets me all fixed up and I go out to pay. YIKES! I was wrong. It was supposed to cost about $500 and now it is costing me $925!!! Oh well it had to be done. My mouth is sore and he says it will be for a while. Eat soft food and drink water. Sweet.

I went home and went to bed and slept for a while and then watched a movie with Lewis. National Treasure 2. We had already seen it in the theaters, but I wanted to watch it again. I liked it, but not as much as I liked the first one. I LOVED the first one. I think in this one he figured out the clues too easily. Plus my mouth hurt so bad that I was having trouble paying attention. Then I remembered...I had to work in the kitchen on Wednesday because Mel was not coming in. Oh joy.

No comments: