- We are not only ladies here. They are 4 men. I suspect (without any judgement at all) that 2 of them are same sex oriented, and maybe partners. I guess nutrition brings us all together. :)
- People are OBSESSED with themselves.
- I want to add a stripe of purple to my hair.
- Everyone has to one up your story, have the worst thing happen to them, or be in need of more help/money/information. Annoying!!!
- I eat a ton of Gobstoppers. Since I can't chew gum at school I eat them during the day. For 28 it is about 100 calories. I needed to go to the store and buy more when I ran out today. I might have a problem. Is there a group for this?
- If you work in child nutrition you need to either knit, needle point, or know all there is to know about Nascar. (I know nothing about any of them. Shoot! I am in the wrong profession!)
- I need to hire at least 1 more employee. I am doing the work at 2 to 3 people. (We already knew this but now I am finding out that the state is watching and noticing things that I do not do because of time constraints with a small staff. OOPS!)
- Mullets must be back in because I have seen like a dozen so far and I have only been here for 24 hours.
- Just because we know what is nutritious and what we need to serve the kids does not mean that we eat those things ourselves.
- When I go to bed at night and turn off the TV I worry that zombies are going to break into my room and eat my brains.
- I need to not watch HBO before I go to sleep when I stay in a hotel alone.
- I totally and completely miss my family. I have thought about my kids all day. I worry about homework, school work, and chores when I am gone. I miss Lewis. I also wonder if anyone has walked the dog. Oh! I miss Mojito too!!
- I like to blog. I need to do it more often.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
1. "It is hell being black, gay and in the ghetto" -Contestant from Project Runway
I saw this on the commercial for the upcoming episode.
2. "How about a few less questions and a little more SHUT THE HELL UP!" -Brian the dog on F.G. show on Fox
As you can see I watched too much TBS tonight.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
I bought some new mesh curlers for the girl's hair at Sally's. I LOVE them!! I only need 9 for their hair to look like this:
Thanks Sheila for introducing them to me! It takes about 5 to 7 minutes to put them all in and by morning the girls look great. It is actually much easier then leaving their hair straight. You will be seeing lots of curls in my girl's hair in the future.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
I took the kids to Fuddruckers (spelling?) on Tuesday. They just played games and messed around. For $20 totally worth going out. They stay busy for an hour and I get to sit and play on my phone.
Isn't this the cutest picture that you have ever seen? During Abi's Valentines party on Friday one of the parents paid a lady to come into the school and paint all of their faces. Abi chose to become a cute little puppy.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
So I am sitting on my couch wearing a skirt, flip flops, and a t-shirt. The dog has not wanted to be inside all day. The girls walked to the park for a picnic. The kids rode bikes down the block and took the dog for a walk. The sky is a clear bright blue with no clouds in sight.
You would think that it was summer outside. It is only 50 degrees and we are all acting like it is 70 or 80 degrees.
I need the sun. I actually need it. I am happy that it is 50 degrees today, but 50 degrees is not what I need. I need 80, 90, or even 100 degrees with sun please.
So I have this immune system disease. I do not talk about it much, even with my family. Because of this I actually NEED the sun. Without the sun my body actually hurts. Most people are worried about getting too much sun. Most people are worried about long term effects of burning, peeling, and wrinkles. I worry about aches, pain and sores without the sun.
So here is my question: Do I tan? Do I fake bake? I wonder if I kept this (nasty freak disease)away for so long because I fake baked in high school. All winter long I was a lovely shade of light brown (fake brown). All summer long I was a beautiful dark brown thanks to the hours and hours of real sunshine that I soaked up.
Here is my problem: The older I get the more grossed out I am by the tanning beds. I LOVE the feel of the hot summer sun on my skin. I am a little creeped out by the hot fake lights and still sweaty glass bed that you lay on at the tanning place. I know that they are cleaned, I clean it myself before I lay down. But ewwww. Someones bare butt was just on here. Yeah, now all I can think of is sweaty ass. I need to move on....
To sum it up:
I miss you. Please come home soon.
Ski lessons for the girls have ended for the year. They loved it and they are very mad at me for not letting them do the second session of lessons. I just feel that since they are not old enough for all day lessons (you have to be 8) it is not worth it to keep them half day lessons. The half day lessons cost almost as much as the all day lessons. On the days that Lewis and I ski 2 kids can ski for free with each adult so we can take them to ski then. They both did very well for their first year skiing. Haley is so excited because next year she will be old enough for all day lessons.
Here is a close shot of them going down the hill. They look so grown up!
Here is a close shot of them going down the hill. They look so grown up!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
About once a month this crazy looking out of control group gets together. We hang out and visit and once in a while we might get a hand or two of poker in during the night. Really we just like to get together and have dinner. We all live in different parts of Salt Lake and Utah county so we do not see each other very often. We usually have 2 to 4 more that join us, but they were out of town. Maybe next time we can get a whole group shot!! :)
Sunday, February 7, 2010
We took Jason and the rest of the kids to Pirate Island for his birthday. It is like a clean, new, pirate themed Chuck-up-Cheese. The food was good, the games were fun and it lacked that strange urine-esk odor that most party play themed restaurants come with for free. All of the kids had a great time and got tons of prizes. Lewis and I were able to sit and relax while the kids played. The other bonus was that it was much less expensive then the other restaurants of this type. Maybe because it is new, or maybe because it is better. I don't know. All I do know is that the girls always ask to go there for dinner and maybe someday I would not mind going again.
Happy Birthday Jason! We love you so much!!!!
You are a wonderful addition to our family. You were such a sweet and quiet baby, and have stayed that way so far. You are loving and kind.
As you can see the surgery that Abigail had was on her mouth. She had to be put to sleep and have 4 teeth cut out! Since she was a preemie her front teeth did not develop properly. The top 4 middle teeth were literally falling apart. It almost looked like they were made of sandstone. The more she brushed the more they fell apart. It was a very sad day for me. She was given a shot to help her sleep and then she got an IV put in and slept through the whole thing. Waking up was sad and bloody. I am glad that it is done.
She is very cute without her teeth. I call her Vampy the Vampire (she came up with the name). She received $5 from the Tooth Fairy for her 4 teeth. I am just glad that she is healthy and happy again. Now, she just has to learn to eat her food without teeth for the next 2 years!