Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Shoes

Is there anything better then new shoes? Really? The act of going out, trying on and buying new shoes. They smell so good. They look so good. They are so stiff and sturdy. I LOVE new shoes. So on Monday when Lewis says to just go buy a new pair of shoes and stop whining about it, I said OK. Adam went with me, begrudgingly. Too bad. I was in heaven. We went to DSW. Oh I love DSW. Shoes, shoes and more shoes. Can you tell that I have a thing for shoes? I went straight to the cutest pair, tried them on and bought them. Of course I lapped the store to see what else there was, but I ended up with the first ones that I saw. The reason that I love

shoe shopping is this: it is simple. You know what you like, you know your size. You do not have to worry if your but looks big in them. (Pretty much all heals make your butt look better anyway.) Shoes can change an ordinarily outfit into extraordinary. So here they are. My cute shoes:

OK, SJP (if you don't know who this is then just stop reading), they are not Manolo Blahniks, Jimmy Choo, or Christian Louboutins, but they are totally cute and for under $30.00 they are a steal. Cute with carpi's, jeans or skirts.

I used to own about 40 pair of shoes that I would wear on a regular basis. Then I had more then 1 child. I changed to tennis shoes, flip flops or plain old brown "Jesus-type biblical sandals. Very ugly and very boring. I still own these and I still wear them. If you have kids then you know that a time and a place for all of these shoes (well maybe not the ugly brown sandals, but they are so comfy. I try to never wear them in public though). The cost for pretty shoes was too much when you also have to buy cute tiny Jordan basketball shoes for a 1 month old infant.

So I was going to tell this awesome story about my first really great pair of shoes, but I can't find the picture that goes with it. I am going to have to save that for another post!

5 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Those are super cute! I didn't even know there was a DSW here. Where is it? I have been on the hunt for new shoes for a while with no luck!

Kendall said...

cute! I wish I could wear heels like that!!

Anonymous said...

I actually tried those same shoes on and almost bought them. I ended up with some blue wedges instead. Maybe I'll go back...
skh

Anonymous said...

Awesome design!! Well, DSW is also my favorite shoes designer.

Anonymous said...

Perfect choice..! I really like the stuff of your shoes.