Friday, September 18, 2009
Tonight Lewis and I took 5 kids to the movies and left 2 boys (who did not want to go) home alone for about 2.5 hours. The boys that were left home alone are both 11 and have stayed home many times just long enough for us to go to the movies and come back. I fed them before I left, told them that they could have a snack but not another dinner, gave instructions on what they were allowed and not allowed to do, and I felt completely comfortable leaving them. When I got home I could have screamed. Maybe I did a little. They had made a full on meal. Toaster over pizza things and drinks. Wait! It gets better. They were eating it in the living room, which is a really big NOT ALLOWED in the new house. They had a whole picnic set up with trays and chairs and everything. Yeah, it bugged me but I did not yell yet.
I did not yell until I saw the 10,000 (no exaggeration at all!!) bugs covering my ceiling, kitchen table, doors, windows and walls. I gagged. No really, I did. (If you know me, then you know that I do not like bugs. The don't scare me but I think that they are disgusting and I want nothing to do with them. It is the only reason that I regret moving into this house. The bugs from the woods!) So anyway, they were everywhere. And I got pissed. Of course the boys have no idea how they got into the house, they did not leave the door open. Yeah. Okay. I can tell you this, if I am not around to tell kids to shut the door then it will not get shut. But they assured me that it was not them. (It must have been Mojito. Yeah because he can open doors and leave them open while he goes outside.) So these bugs are everywhere. Flying around landing on me, on the floor, counter everywhere. Lewis gives Adam the vacuum to suck them up and he is mad that he has to do the job. Whatever kid, get over it. You made the mess now deal with it. I ended up doing it myself after he "tried". I really do not know what happened but I can say that he will never leave the door open after he goes in and out ever anywhere again.
We took the other 5 kids to see Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs tonight for a fun night out. The movie was funny and all 5 kids liked it, and Lewis did too. Lots if funny food jokes and with Mr.T doing the voice of a crazy security guard in tiny tight shorts made for a great time for both kids and adults.
Overall a good night. The beef was good, but the boys bugged me. :)
P.S. I still feel like the bugs are crawling all over me!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
1. I HATE that you can call into work every Monday or Friday (depending on the week) sick because you have a runny nose or a scratchy throat. Listen, we all want a 3 day weekend every week but we just can't have it. If I have to be here then so do you. Suck it up and take some Pepto.
2. I HATE that you get to go out to lunch on your lunch hour. My whole day is lunch. I make the deposits. I run the lunch system. I scan the lunch cards. I open the lunch milks. And then I eat the same thing that we give to the kids. We eat and we talk about lunch; what went well and what we need to change. Just once I want to be able to go to Zuppas and sit for 45 minutes and have a salad and soup. But until then I will eat lunch in the Staff Lounge with everyone else and dream of a lunch hour away talking about shoes and handbags or some other girly crap like that.
3. I HATE that you get to talk crap about your bosses! So not fair!!! I can't even post on Facebook or my blog without everyone seeing my every thought about everyone! Not that I hate my boss, actually the opposite (Hey Sanford! Actually I think he stopped reading my blog months ago...), I just wish I could vent and not get called into the bosses office to "explain myself". Humpf!
4. I HATE that you judge me for working outside of the home. I have two words for you on that subject. Bite Me. My kids are better behaved, smarter, and better cared for then yours, and you stay home. (This is not about anyone who reads this so stop being all offended!)
5. I HATE that you think my job is easy and that I don't do anything. I really do not feel like defending myself to you so I won't. Let me just say to all of you who think my job is cake: you try it for a month and then you can let me know what you think.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I HATE when people invite you to do something hoping that you will pay for them to do it too!
I know! What is up with that? I had an acquaintance (would not really call them friends) call and ask if we wanted to go to the movies, just to say that they were hoping that we would go online and get the tickets and that they would "Get the next one". Again...
It is not like I am made of money, and at the same time it is not like I mind getting a movie this time, if they get it next time, but good grief!! I got the last movie!!! And the popcorn! If this keeps going they are going to owe us a years worth of movies by October.
Glad I got that one off of my chest.
Until the next installment...
P.S. Don't ask who it was, because I am not gonna tell. No matter what. Well, unless you wanna pay for me to go to the movies..... :)
Monday, September 7, 2009
Did you notice that my girls do not have shirts under their dresses but the others do? When we were shopping for the dress Allison asked the girls about the dress and one of them said that it was not modest to wear the dress because showing shoulders was not good. Allison and I tried so hard not to laugh. She is a good girl and she is so honest to say what she has been taught.