Monday, May 12, 2008

The Bird...name yet to be determined

On Sunday morning as Lewis was leaving for work he noticed a wonderful little present on the front door. A bird's nest. We have a wreath with fake flowers and leaves on it that hangs on the door. Last week Lewis took it down and asked me if I wanted to throw it away. I said no, lets keep it through the summer and then we can throw it out. A week later we have a bird's nest with 5 eggs! With me being so short I would have never seen the nest up on top of the wreath. So, the bird that flew into my house on Friday night has a family! I am glad that I did not kill it when it was flying around the house.

Mary Ruth helped me move the wreath over to the side window so that every time we open the door the bird doesn't fly in. I was also worried that when the eggs hatch the baby birds might get knocked out when we open the door. That is the last thing that I want to see..a dead baby bird on my porch. So here are the pictures. I will post more when the babies are born. The kids are so excited. They want me to lift them up to see the eggs every 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

That is crazy! I can't believe the bird built a nest there! Looks like you had a great Mother's day. I like that Burt's Bees's stuff. It is really good. And is school almost over...oh no...I know what you are counting down to...Heehee!