Monday, May 19, 2008

Birthday Sunday

I will save the deep, thoughtful birthday post for later when I have more time to think and write something meaningful. Here is what happened on the 30Th anniversary of my birth.

I got to sleep in! Yes, that's right, sleep in. It was very nice and I almost did not want to get up at all. But, Lewis had made breakfast for the family. We had eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns. It was very delicious. Instead of getting me cake (For those who do not know I am not very fond of cake. It has to be very moist and very delicious for me to like it.) they went to Harmon's and got me a fruit tart. It was wonderful! They sung to me and I blew out the candles on my tart. Of course they were trick candles and I had a hard time blowing them out. I got a gift card for I-Tunes. This way I can get some songs for the new I-Pod that I got for mother's day.

At about noon we went to Costco where we saw quite a few people that I know from both church and Channing. (Hi Jen!) We got the few things that we still needed and the kids had samples to eat. Then I went to to my mom and dad's house to see my Uncle Joe that was in town this week teaching a quick class at The University of Utah. Later in the afternoon we took the kids to the park to play. We got them home and to bed early and Lewis and I had Goodwood for dinner and watched The Office marathon for a while. I finished the day by doing some laundry and watching a movie called P.S. I Love You. It was an unfulfilling movie that did not live up to the hype.

Overall the day was fine. Turning 30 was not quite the experience that I thought it would be. Subdue, quite and slow. I still have a few things planned. Thursday night we are going out with Marlo for her and my birthdays. Then I will have a dinner with my parents to celebrate in a week or so. And last but not least Vegas. The girls will come through and we will go for a couple of nights to Vegas for my birthday. Now, I just need to find the time, the girls and the money!

Happy 30Th Birthday to Me!!

4 comments:

Kendall said...

That tart looks SO GOOD! I am glad you had a great birthday!

reddirtgirl said...

i know we did zupas and pedicures but we could still go to chipotle too:)

Turn The Paiges said...

Happy Birthday Kendra! The BIG 30! You look great! Oh bye the way, I can't get onto Allison's blog anymore? Do you know why or what I may be doing wrong?
See you soon!

katie said...

happy b day! mine is next week! i hope that you had a good day!