Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dinner, Dr. Johns, and Dessert

I went out on Friday night with "South" and "North" because South's birthday and mine are a day apart. Oh, a decade, a few years and day, my bad.

I need to preface this with a disclaimer. I hate most seafood. No, hate is not a good word. Um.... loathe, detest, despite... yeah that will work. I like salmon (most of the time), few Sushi, crab legs, and um...maybe a tuna sandwich once in a while. But that is it! Nothing else.

So South got to decide where we were going for dinner so she chose Red Lobster. Oh joy. My favorite restaurant (enter sarcasm here). It actually is her favorite restaurant but she never gets to go there so we agreed to go. (Funny story. About a year and a half ago I took South to eat at Red Lobster to thank her for helping me with some errands. That was the last time either of us ate there, before last night. She ordered some fish meal and I got cheese sticks and chicken fingers off of the appetizer menu. When the waitress brought us our food she says to South, "Do you feel like you are eating with a toddler?" Yes, she said I do. Kendra always eats like this. True, I do.)

So we order our dinner and exchange gifts. South got me a daisy platter for chips or veggies and dip that I saw at the store last week and wanted to buy, but didn't. North had her husband make fancy pens for us. The pens are fabulous. I love mine! And I got South a comfy blanket and frame for a picture of the 3 of us to go in. Dinner was fine, I had steak and had to cut it into tiny pieces to get it into my mouth. (During dinner North's husband calls and she says we are at Red Lobster, come and join us. He says, "Yeah right. I'll be right there. Wait..is that where you are for real?!" So it is not just me that thinks Red Lobster is a strange place to eat.) By the time dinner was over I had called the dentist twice because my mouth was hurting so bad.


After dinner we went to get dessert at Cheesecake Factory. The line was too long so we decided to take a drive down State street while we waited. We drove past Dr. Johns and we decided to stop and have a laugh in the parking lot. North had never been inside and South had gone there with me one to get some decorations for a party that I had last October. (Funny thing is that was the errand she was helping me with when we went to eat at Red Lobster the last time! I had forgotten that!) So North is a very proper lady and is so funny about these things.


When we were done laughing we drove over to Cheesecake Factory and got right in. I got hot chocolate and Oreo Cheesecake. It was so yummy. (The hot chocolate made my teeth feel better. The cold is what was hurting them.) It is nice inside the restaurant. They do not bother you to hurry up. You can take as long as you want. I mentioned this and then said, "Yeah, they better leave me alone and let me take as long as I want if I am playing $14 for a piece of cheesecake and hot chocolate!"


While at Cheesecake Factory some ladies were complaining about their husbands a little. And here is a part of their conversation:

Person 1 said, "So what is this notion of spending your WHOLE life with one man?"
And person 2 says, "In her case it isn't life, it is eternity."
And they laughed and laughed. And then person 1 says,"The only bad part about that joke is I can't go home and tell my husband about it."
Good time ladies! Thanks for the gifts! Not that you will ever see this thank you because you told me last night that you do not ever read my blog!!

1 comment:

Shar Chavira said...

So how's the tooth my friend? I feel so bad for you (and for the bad back hubby). YES! Come! I will put your name down to get tickets TODAY! YAY! I am super nervous cuz NEVER done it before so any support would be AWESOME! You're the best!!