Saturday, May 24, 2008

Irish Food and Indiana on a Thursday Night

Lewis and I went to dinner with Marlo and Cris on Thursday night for Marlo and my birthdays. Our birthdays are 4 days apart so we usually do a dinner or something together to celebrate. We decided to go on her actual birthday this year because she wanted to see Indian right when it came out. So did the rest of us, but whatever. We went to dinner at McCools to be followed by the movie. I thought dinner was going to be no big deal, but with my teeth still VERY sore, it was a bit more difficult then I thought it would be. I ended up eating the perfect meal. It was all white (which as a person who makes menus, I had a laugh because an all one color meal is a total no-no). Roasted turkey sliced paper thin on a piece of think sourdough bread, mashed potatoes and gravy on the side. I managed to push all of the food to the right side of my mouth to eat. It was actually very tasty. The other three all had steak, chowder and pot pie. Delicious Irish dishes. Marlo and I also shared a chocolate torte. It was soft and smooth so it was perfect.



After we ate we were just chatting while waiting to go to the movies, when we noticed a ton of people standing outside the theater. So we got up and went out side. This is what we saw...




Obviously a fire alarm had gone off and everyone had to get outside. They never used the water so it might have been someone smoking in the bathroom or a popcorn debacle. After about 45 min. they let everyone back into the movie theater. It was funny to watch all of the people race to get to the desk to see what they could do about the movie that they were forced out of. They announced that everyone could go and finish their movies and that all of the times for the rest of the night would be pushed back by 45 min. to an hour. So we had a little fun while we waited for the movie to start.


I was too short to get my face through the opening so I had to stand on the fence behind the cutout, but I had to do it because it was McDreamy.


The movie was...well I won't say because many of you will not have seen it yet. I thought Harrison Ford looked good for his age. Personal opinion. I have always like Indiana Jones. It was a fun evening overall. Happy Birthday Marlo!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was actually there. Someone in the Mayan (upstairs) ordered fried cheese and the kitchen people set the kitchen on fire. Good times--but we got to go back in the movie and then got free passes.

Miss Kendra said...

Thanks for the info on the fire. We have been wondering what happened!