Sunday, March 29, 2009
1st answer: Abigail, 4.5
2nd answer: Haley, 6.5
3rd answer: Jason, 8
4th answer: Adam, almost 11.
What is something mom always says to you?
I love you.
That you love me.
2. What makes mom happy?
Me being good.
Me not being annoying.
When I am nice.
3. What makes mom sad?
When I be mean to you.
Me touching people’s butts.
When I am mean.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Tickling my armpits.
Knock knock jokes.
When you jump out and scare Haley.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
You had a new bear from Christmas.
A loving child.
Adventurous. You liked to go out in the forest and play.
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
This tall (while jumping up and down)
9 feet tall
5 feet tall
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
I don’t know the names of the shows.
Either CSI or Amazing Race
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Work on the computer.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
For a bag of chocolate (WTF??)
Being a model
Writing a book.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Exercising at school.
Working at school
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Bad at scratching dad’s back.
Letting go of a book once you start reading it.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Learn at the school.
Work in the cafeteria.
Work in the kitchen.
You work at the school for the lunch program.
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Chicken and green beans
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Clean my room.
Working in schools.
I don’t know.
How you work at the school to help.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Panini from Chowder.
Lisa from the Simpson’s (At least he did not say Homer!)
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Go to the store and snuggle with each other.
We went places together when Abi is at school.
Go to lunch.
Watch Amazing Race
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We both have a pink shirt.
Our eyes and our hair.
We have the same skin color.
Our hair and some of the shows that we like to watch.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Your hands and feet are bigger.
You have longer hair then me.
You have brownish black hair and I have blond.
I like to play violent video games, and you like to play puzzle games.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Cause I love you more.
By snuggling with me.
You tell me.
Because you always say that you love me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
You like to help him get medicine (?)
That he leaves you alone and plays computer.
He is quiet.
He keeps occupied by playing computer so you have more time to read.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
The princess castle because it is so pretty and sparkle.
Out to lunch.
Monday, March 23, 2009
2.If this has nothing to do with my post then I am completely wrong about #1, but the rest of the info works well for everyone out there. :)
3.You need to let people get to know you. I hated it here when we first got here. HATED it. I had all of the same excuses as you, neighborhood, snotty people, etc... It was not until we moved to LA and then OK (5 years later) that I saw that I was not giving Utah the chance. I was so stuck on how great our old home was, that I never took the time to see the good things that were right in front of my face. I just had to go out there and make the effort, and it took a while.
4. People joke. Everyone at some point takes things too seriously, and everyone at some point doesn't get the joke. If you are as comfortable as you say, then you would know that in that house laughing, joking, having fun is the only way to go. Have you not seen that the more we joke, the more we play and have fun, the more we all get along, and the happier everyone is together? And the more people get offended and fuss the worse it is for everyone. That is why certain people can't hack it in the Balmanno household. That is why some people don't show all of the time, or ever at all.
If you get offended when someone says you are fat, ugly, strange, talkative, loud, quiet, freakish, boring, sensitive, shy, or stinky then don't show up for the showdown. We all know how everyone feels (and if you don't then you are not as comfortable as you think) and if laughter is the name of the game, then I am in. We have serious times too, but we are not 12 and worried about what the boy across the hall thinks about us. People are accepted as they are. We may tease and joke, but we ALL tease and joke equally.
I am sure that Cris and Sam are gonna have a field day with this one. You boys said you were bored at work and needed something to read... well read on boys, read on!!
Tomorrow: People Hate The Things About You That They See In Themselves (This one really has nothing to do with this post, I just thought that this would make a really good post for tomorrow!)
Thanks for listening.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Then I took her back to meet the ladies from the conference and to play BUNKO!!! And if you know me, you know I am good at Bunko. Well of course I won the most bunkos and I should have won most wins but there was a cheater there. Yes, one of the ladies cheated. Why do you need to cheat at Bunko? We played 3 rounds of 6 and I only lost 6 times, which means I won 12 times. You change seats only when you lose so I moved 6 seats. She claims that she won 14 times but she moved 12 times so she could have only won 6 times. I did not even notice that she lied (because really, who lies about Bunko?) until Sheila pointed it out to me. Oh well. She is a cheater... whatever!! I still won a $20.00 gift card to Target.The last day I was there we took a sandwich and went hiking in Snow Canyon. It was beautiful and warm. We sat and just ate. It was so nice out and quiet. We just sat out and got a little sun while we ate. Well, I got a lot of sun while we ate.
Don't you just LOVE the tan line? I guess you all know which necklace I was wearing. Overall the trip was great. I learned a lot, did not start on fire, and got to sit in the sun, which is all that I wanted to do anyways.