Sunday, May 25, 2008

Abi's Ears


We have been offering the girls to go get their ears pierced for about 2 years now. We told them that when they get their ears pierced then they can go to Bath and Body Works and pick out a sweet spray for herself. Haley said when wanted to wait until she was 8. She will have it done then. Abi said she wanted it done now. She did not want to wait at all. She wanted to go to the mall today. So right then we drove to the mall. We went strait to Claire's. I thought that she would still change her mind. We were the only people in the store so Haley started looking around for pretty stuff for herself. Abi went up to the lady and said that she was there to get her ears "pursed". The lady looked at me and I nodded yes. So she showed Abigail the earrings. Abi chose her birthstone, ruby. I set her in the seat and she grabbed the stuffed bear that the store has there for the kids to hold. She noticed that the bear had her ears pierced too. That made her laugh. The lady took about 5 min. to get set up. By then there were quite a few people in the store. When the lady was about to start the piercing they all stopped to watch this tiny person get her ears done. Abigail was brave. I told her it would hurt at first and she said that was fine. Then the lady did the first ear. Abigail looked at me, and her face started to get that nervous look, but she did not cry. She said, "Ouch! Mom, will you hold my hand for the second ear?" So I did and she was done. No crying, no whining, nothing. She looked at herself in the mirror and thought they were beautiful. The strangers all started saying what a brave and smart girl she was. They told her she was wonderful and that she should be proud of herself. She was ecstatic! We paid and were out of there. We had to go right into Bah and Body Works. She wanted the spray right then and there. She picked out a small bottle. She carried her bags through the mall all by herself. She keeps telling me that she is a big girl and that she loves her earrings. She is also telling people that it did not hurt at all. I am glad that she had a good experience.



I just hope that she doesn't want other piercing thinking that because this piercing didn't hurt that others won't hurt as well. I know for a fact firsthand that other piercing do hurt.
One more thing, Haley decided that she wants to wait until she is 11 to have her ears done. I bet she changes her mind once she starts school.

No comments: