Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time

Time heals all wounds.

I had an old friend email me this week and say just that. I just do not think that I agree with that statement. I think that time can make a wound feel smaller, less sharp, or mild but I do not find that they all are healed. Sure some will feel healed. But I think mostly with time we just shove everything down and hope to forget that it is there.

I had at least 2 problems with this:

1. What "wound" had I inflicted on them? I was not the one to cut the friendship short.
2. Heal? Like mend or fix? I am not fixed or mended. We have not talked in over 10 years. How is that fixed?
3. Time is so relative. I am (gulp) 30 years old. I feel like it has been an eternity since high school. When my time taken with family, work, and life, when do I have TIME to get over anything?

But maybe I am wrong. Maybe time is all we need to get over something. Maybe I am petty and hold grudges. Maybe the wound was superficial, just a scrape or a bruise. Maybe I am too busy and do not have the time.

Maybe... it just hasn't been enough time for it to heal properly.


Maybe it is past midnight and I should be in bed and not on the computer typing. Maybe I am so tired from being out until 2 am last night that I am being silly. Yeah, lets go with that one.

Maybe I need to start censoring my blog and typing in word first and then making sure I like what it says before I post it. Maybe not.

Maybe, I need a vacation...

No comments: