Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reasons that I love my Dad...

I did not do this last week so I thought that I would catch up now. Some of the reasons that I love my dad are:

*he has supported me through everything my whole life
*he is fun
*he is cute
*he was the "cool" dad
*he let me make my own mistakes
*he let me drive his car
*he showed me the world
*he gave me an appreciation for good food (even though I still like some of the gross stuff)
*growing up he could be livid with one of my siblings and when talking to me he could change his voice into a loving tone and smile
*he let me be the leader
*he indulged me (still does) with all of my crazy plans
*he paid my rent when I couldn't
*we "get" each other in a way that other don't "get" us
*he supported me and stood up for me even when I was pregnant with Adam
*he makes mistakes too
*he used to "children juggle"
*he believes in me
*he is a good man
*he taught us to support the military troops
*he came to my soccer games
*when I was a teenager he usually had a credit card for me to use
*he is very smart
*he really knows me
*he is honest
*when he sees something unjust going on he can't just sit by and watch it happen
*he used to take us camping
*he has always helped everyone even when he had nothing himself
*he let me slip into his classes at West Point with the cadets and answer questions
*he treats us all like equals

And mostly because:

*I know even when he is no longer with me he will still love me

I Love You Dad!

2 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

That just about brought a tear to my eye! You do have an amazing pops!

Anonymous said...

Gee, you make me sound better than I really am. It's all true of course:) Thanks Kendra. I love you too.

And I like the article on Lewis also!