Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Friday Fiasco

So this past weekend (Thursday through Sunday) I watched Cris & Marlo's dogs. Well, Adam watched them but I had to do the driving, and help with the feeding and watering. So on Friday morning we got up early to go to their house to feed and water the dogs. We were all dressed for school and work when we went. I opened the garage door and started screaming. Adam, Haley, Abigail and Jason just freak. I am screaming for them to get back into the house and stay there.

I take another step into the garage and I can see it clearly.
Yep, it is what I thought it was.
A dead cat! A dead cat laying in the corner behind one of the crates.

It was disgusting. I fed the dogs, filled the water and got out of there. What was I supposed to do? I was dressed for work and I was freaking out! I knew I had to do something but Friday was a busy day and I had to work, go to GTU (more on that in a later post), my mother-in-law was coming over later in the day, and we had a wedding dinner to attend.

Cut to 10 hours later I get dressed in jeans and a dirty t-shirt, pick up my friend and we head out to the house. I put the dogs in the backyard and open the main garage door. We got some gloves and a shovel and she helped me get that thing out of there. It was not that easy to do. It took two of us about 15 min. to get the job done. I guess it could have been faster but it took us that long because neither of us wanted to actually touch the thing. Even with the gloves. It was something that I never want to do again. I couldn't pick it up. I couldn't touch it. I am scarred for life. I do not know how the animal control people pick up the dead animals on the roadside. It was awful.

No, I did not get a picture of it. It was too gross!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was scrolling down ever so slowly, just in case you included a picture - thankyou! I would have been scarred for life by the experience - sorry to have copped out! - n.

CBalmanno said...

We had to get rid of the dog that did it. He's gotten too aggressive and there was actually another episode with him while we were gone. Sorry Kendra!!