Monday, June 23, 2008

SNAC

This past week I went to the School Nutrition Association Convention of Utah at the South Towne Expo Center. The conference was great overall. I learned a lot in the pull out sessions, the teachers were good and the main speakers were fabulous. There was just one thing wrong. The same thing that I find wrong at all of these conferences that I go to for School Nutrition. It was the FOOD! The first day there was no meals. There was a small food show, where distributors show their "school approved" food, with tastes so that we will want to buy. Well, 1.that kind of food does not translate very well to adults, and 2. samples are usually hot when they supposed to be cold, and cold when they are supposed to be hot. The information is very helpful and we get lots of good ideas for next year, but we do not get a good meal out of it. Then we had a "free" night, so that means no dinner. Then on the second day there was breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast was um...questionable. Onions and peppers were all through it. And there was fruit but not enough for everyone...hmmm.... Then lunch was this:

With this in it...

So it does not even look appetizing at all!!! And the little mushroom on the bottom, eww. Do you know me? Do you know how gross this would be for me to see on my plate? Not good. This and cake. Really? I was so hungry by 3 pm. And dinner was just as bad. No mushrooms but nothing that I could eat.

So after telling a friend about it, he asked if there were any snacks there. I said no and he said, "No SNACKS at the SNAC? That seems strange." Get it?

2 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Yuck. The sight of that mushroom. Gross. But it does look like a smurf house, so I guess it's cute. Just not appetizing.

Anonymous said...

The salad did look gross. A littlelike a salad you would get a Home Town Buffet. And I have a blog now Murlscountry.blogspot.com.