Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Isn't time funny? I have been looking through some boxes of old pictures all evening. I look at a picture and can completely remember the day. Everything I did, everyone I saw. Everything. Everyday seems like just yesterday. I remember conversations, meals at restaurants, walk and drives that I went on. Shopping trips, concerts, and activities that we did. Young women's activities, camp, young adult volleyball, and all night movie parties. I remember so much.
As I look at these pictures, I wonder how 15 years have come and gone since some of them were taken. I wonder why some people turned out how they did, while others turned out differently. Tonight I was reading an old friend's Facebook page and wondered, "Who are you?" I don't recognize them as a person at all. They look the same, but everything else is different. Attitude, demeanor, thoughts, beliefs, everything. I wonder if that is how people see me now too? Or am I the same person I always have been?

I feel like I am pretty much the same person, but am I?

3 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Good question... I think yes.

reddirtgirl said...

Sharon would know better than I would for you because she has known you FOREVER.
I think that parts of us stay the same (sense of humour, likes and dislikes, temperment, etc.) But as we go through life each experience we have can change us. Especially the big ones ( marriage,divorce, motherhood, jobs) and especially if we are reflective and introspective about these experiences.
I've known my best friend for 32 years. (Wow that is crazy.) In some ways she is the same as she was when she was 8 years old in other ways I've seen her change significantly.
How old are you in this picture? You are as cute as button and I just want to pinch your cheeks!

Miss Kendra said...

18 and loving it!!