Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Long, Random Post (do not read if you don't feel the need)

Random Old Boyfriend Sightings

(I know I told several of you that my next post would be about the polygamists in Texas, but I need to get the important things written first.)

Being from the East Coast, I do not run into old flames very often. So when I catch up with 3 in a weeks time, well that's just weird. Now by flames I mean boys I knew. Boyfriends, dates, good friends, etc. Lewis and I do not talk much, if at all about my old flames. I think he is not interested or threatened by them so it doesn't matter. (Me on the other hand. You may not know it but I am a very possessive, jealous person. Sorry it is in my core to be this way. I hate talking about girls he dated. I am still to this day disturbed when I see them. I guess that shows he is content within himself, and I am not. But again, that is a different post altogether.)

Understand that when I knew these guys I was living at West Point Military Academy and did not have many girl friends. I had Colleen from school and Sharon who lived in Utah and went to BYU and that's it. It was pretty much 4000 cadets ranging in age from 17 to 24, a handful of nannies and me. And I lived on base. So naturally most of my friends were guys.

1. So last week at Target I was walking and saw a guy I dated for more then 6 months. (It was while I was in college. At the time I was completely infatuated with him. He was beautiful. My dad always says that I like the pretty boys, but this one was well, too pretty. He still is. When we got together I had been dating different guys off and on for about 4 months and not finding anyone that I connected with. As a side note. I hated dating. I got lots of dates but guys are weird when your dad controls weather or not they fail out of West Point.) When I saw him at Target I hoped I was mistaken and walked swiftly around the corner just in case it was him. He had seen me. It was awkward when he walked up to me and hugged me and asked why I walked away. Had I not seen him? No was my answer. What I did not say was I was HOPING that it was not him. (We did not separate amicably. Actually it was a disastrous break up. I mean a fight at the dance with yelling and cursing and even a little physical. Needless to say I was devastated and cried for days.) I have seen him once before while living in Utah maybe 6 years ago. I was just as awkward. Why does he feel like he can even talk to me? Maybe he has forgiven and forgotten. I forgave, but did not forget.

He did not tell me too much about what he is doing. I assume he works for the family "chocolate" business. (Now some of you will know who it is.) Did not tell me if he was married or anything. Just strange. He looks the same just older. We dated 12 years ago, so it has been a long time. [Funny enough, this cadet was put in my dad's class at West Point after we broke up. Needless to say he requested a teacher change and even though they were not supposed to get it, my dad let him have the change.]

2. Old boyfriend found me on Facebook. Here is the funny part. I do not "do" Facebook. I only started an account because I was looking for an old friend from elementary school. (Then only kept it because I was too lazy to get rid of it.) And I never even found that friend anyways. Funny, right. So I get a friend request yesterday and I am like who is this guy? I never get random friend requests. The picture is of a guy and a girl in front of the temple after getting married. So I am like hmmm, maybe a friend of a friend. So I accept the request and get a post on my wall saying who it is. Yikes! Really. We dated in high school for a while my senior year. Maybe 6 months. I think we broke up in the spring sometime??? Anyways it was not a horrible break up, well yes it was but still we were friends afterward. {I remember being very possessive when we dated and then mean to him during the break up. I mean, really mean. Marlo, didn't I make him cry?} (He met Lewis and Adam years ago when Adam was a baby.)

I have not seen or heard from him in about 9 years. He is married and has a son. Also he lives 20 minutes away from us.

3. Another Facebook find. He was a cadet at West Point. This one is different. We never really dated, but I honestly thought I wanted to marry someone like him, if not him. He was like a best friend. He had a girl friend for a long time and we were just good friends. He was there for me through the good times and when I was majorly struggling with life. Before I moved to Maryland, where I met Lewis, we were together everyday at some point or another. Even when I went back to West Point to visit he was there for me and did whatever he could to help. His family was wonderful, and I loved his mom.

He is married now too. They do not have kids but they will. He always wanted kids. The funny thing is that was the one thing that I did not like about him. I did not want kids at the time. I thought that I would have maybe 1 child when I was like 30. Things change :)

It is strange to consider the people I used to know. I moved on. Grew up, dated, got married , and had 4 kids. I have moved 5 times since then and done lots of things. I went to school, and got a job. I never even considered that they were doing the same things. When I think about them I still see them the way that they were 13 or 14 years ago. I still see them as teens and young adults in my head. So when I see them in real life with families and all grown up it doesn't seem real. It seems like a lifetime ago that I knew these guys. I have to say though, I have changed so much since that time. But at the same time I have stayed exactly the same.

*Sharon you will know #2 and #3.
#2 was with us on the trip to the club that night. You remember moms and pops?!?! Listening to the same song over and over until we got home.

5 comments:

Three CRAZY boys and a lady said...

hello...my wedding???

Miss Kendra said...

three crazy boys and a lady:

exert from my saturday post:
When we went home Lewis had to go to work at 2 for the Jazz game. I got all of the kids showered and changed to go to another wedding. By the time I got out of the shower Haley was screaming and in hysterics because her ear was hurting so much. Ends up we have an ear infection. A bad one. Really? I hate these things. They come on out of nowhere. she had no fever, nothing. 3 hours earlier she was out playing and helping to build a box.
So sorry we missed the wedding guys! Haley really wanted to go too. She is still today asking when we are leaving to get to the wedding. We will see you next Sunday at Courtney's

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

How could I forget?! That was some night.

I know it is weird to see old guy friends. Luckily for me that doesn't happen too often! I was gonna say because I moved 2000 miles from them, but yours moved too. So oh well.

Anonymous said...

So you thought I was beautiful?

Miss Kendra said...

anonymous-

who are you?

Kendra