Sunday, April 13, 2008

Annie

When I was about 4 years old Annie was my favorite movie. It is still one of my all time favorites. It also has the distinct spot as the movie that I have seen more then any other movie. (Which is a hard spot to be in. When I like a movie I will watch it over and over. Lewis is the exact opposite. He watches a movie once and then maybe 5 years later he might be willing to watch it again. I am the same way with books. I can and will read a good book over, and over.) Anyways, back to the story. So when I was little I would sit in my little rocking chair and watch Annie over and over. I think my mom's limit was 3 times a day. I still to this day know every line in the movie. I got the movie a few years ago for Christmas on DVD. Thanks! ;)

So on Friday night Lewis surprised me with tickets to see Annie at Kingsbury Hall. I was so excited. Considering Friday was such a busy day for me; health department, work at school, wedding; I was surprised that we made it there. (We had both stayed up until 4:30 am on Thursday night. I was reading (not gonna tell what book, you will all laugh at me) and Lewis was playing games. What were we thinking? I don't know.)

He surprised me with the tickets. It was a special deal because I do not think he likes plays and musicals very much. So it was out of normal for us to do this. We go out to dinner and movies all of the time, but this was special. Different. Needless to say I had a great time. We got home at 11:30 pm and then I still had to take the babysitter home.

Next year we will go see Wicked when it comes.

No comments: