Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What is your opinion?

"What is your opinion?"

I hate when people ask me this question. Wait. Let me rephrase. I hate it when certain people ask me this question. Or certain groups of people.

It is like asking someone, "How are you doing?" You do not really want to know the answer. It is just something you say. 99% of people are going to say "I am good." or "Great!" no matter how they really are doing. I say good, or fine to answer that question most of the time even if I am having one of the worst days ever.

These kind of questions are not meant to be answered honestly the majority of the time. People want to hear that you are fine. And they want you to agree with their opinion. They really are not worried about how you really are or how you feel about the situation. You can tell the people who care and the people who do not. You know who wants to know how you really are doing. You know who wants your honest opinion.

Do you want to know if I have an opinion and what is it? Well hell yes I have an opinion. But my question for you is, "Do you really want to hear it?" Yeah, that's what I thought!

2 comments:

Sanford said...

Next time I see I'm going to say something like this. Kendra, tell me deep down, from the bottom of your heart, with true sincerity, how you feel. Don't tell me how it's going. Don't fob me with a showing. Don't fake it like your glowing. Just tell me how you really truly feel. Come on Kendra, reach, reach, reach down deep, what is the temperature in Kendraland. Is is cloudy? Is it raining? Is the weather fair? Save the attitude and platitude for those who seek just gratitude. Cut the crap -- I don't want pap. Tell me. Please. What's your opinion.

How's that.

Miss Kendra said...

Much Better.