Monday, March 24, 2008

Skiing Saturday

On Saturday I took Adam to his last snowboarding lesson for the season. I decided that I wanted to ski again. My friend Susan (hey girl!) who teaches English at Channing wanted to go too. She is an excellent skier and I am well...not that great, to put it nicely. I had to trade my boots a lot to find some that worked. Once I got out on the mountain I was a maniac. I had no movement from my knee down and so turning was not an option. I had a spectacular fall that bruised my whole left side. It was amazing. My skis went flying and I rolled over them (that's how I got bruised). The guy behind me stopped to say that it looked "Awesome!" and was I OK. I told him yes and he just murmured that he wanted film of that. It did not hurt until Sunday morning and then I was in PAIN!! More sore then anything. I am not embarrassed in any way though. I look at my bruises that cover my legs and side and I am like...proud. It is my "sports related injury". Weird, I know. The ski people that fit you for boots told me my only option was to have some sized and molded to my feet so that they fit right without limiting movement. I know I am a spaz.


Here is a photo of Adam in one of his races on Saturday. He did really well! I can order prints at Star Photo Online.

No comments: