Sunday, March 9, 2008

Matchbox Twenty

The concert was fabulous! We were in the 9Th row on the floor. Our seats were right on the isle too. It was so much fun. I have not been to a concert in so long. I mean I have but I do not really count Disney Live!, or American Idol Live on Tour. I sat the whole time throughout those "concerts". I guess the last concert I went to was almost a year ago. It was Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw. Good concert but it was a free bee from Lewis' work. Not one that I would pay to see. But this one was!!
First there was an opening band. They played fine music and all but it was one of the guitar players that caught my eye. Not because he was good looking, but because he looks like Charlie from Lost. I swear I thought I was at a Drive shaft concert. Here is a picture. It is small because I do not know how to load my phone pictures on the computer properly.


See what I mean? It was a crazy resemblance. Marlo and I both saw it as soon as they came onstage. But it wasn't really him. I don't think....a hobbit at the Matchbox Twenty show? Stranger things have happened.

Then Alanis Morissette came on and she played for about an hour. It was great. I loved her back in high school. She left right after her set because she was flying to Canada to be inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame on Friday. I did not take pictures of her. I was too busy singing the lyrics to all of her songs.

And finally Rob Thomas and the rest of Matchbox went onstage. If I was to leave my husband for anyone it...um...nevermind. Awkward!! He is already married! Anyways they played for a full 2 hours. It was amazing. They played a good mix of their old and new stuff. They also played a Billy Joel song and one of favorite songs from a 90's band named Cracker. {Cracker is an American alternative rock band featuring Johnny Hickman and Camper Van Beethoven singer and guitarist David Lowery. They are best known for the hit songs “Low,” “Eurotrash Girl,” “Get Off This” and “Teen Angst (What the World Needs Now)”. } Low is the name of the song. Marlo and I sang every word. The 13 year old kid sitting just down from us stared the whole time. I am sure that he had never heard the song. And with some of the lyrics in the song I am sure his mom never wants him to hear it again. I had so much fun. Definitely worth the money!!!


No comments: