Wednesday, December 31, 2008

California Adventure (Wednesday 24)

On Christmas Eve we went to California Adventure. It was threatening to rain all day but the rain held off until the parade at the end of the day. It was actually warm and we all lost our jackets by lunch time.
We all went together to see A Bug's Life 4-D show. Boy was that a mistake!! 3 out of my 4 kids were screaming the second the first puff of air touched their legs. If you have even been to see it, there is this part where water lightly mists you and the bug says it is acid, well that is where Haley lost it. Literally lost it. She was screaming at the top of her lungs, rolled up in a ball on the floor. I had to grab her, laughing the whole time, and DRAG her out of the show. Meanwhile Adam and Jason are screaming and chasing me out of the show. I could not stop laughing while my 3 oldest children are hanging to me for dear life. When we got out they were still screaming about how horrifying it was and there was this young Asian couple that obviously did not speak much English. When they saw the kids faces and heard their screaming they turned around and ran out of the waiting area. I felt so bad but all I could do was laugh some more. The funniest thing of all was that they LOVED the roller coasters and everything fun and fast. They hated the cartoon bugs with water misters. Go figure. Here is a picture right before the disastrous, horrifying bug show.

On to the BEST part of the day, for me anyways. We were in this building and as I walk around the corner I see this:
Oh! It was a whole room focusing on Beauty and the Beast! I love Beauty and the Beast. It is my favorite Disney movie. I remember going to see it in the theater when we lived in Germany. I was in 7th grade and I loved it! This room made the trip for me. Marlo was watching me as I walked into the room and she said she wishes she could have gotten a picture of my face. It must have been pure joy and excitement. Isn't that what Disney is supposed to be all about? Thank you Disney people for this. You made my vacation!
At 6:30 they had a Pixar parade. We had a great time even though it was totally raining. Even Jason still had his smile!

After the parade we called it a day and went out to dinner. We went to Tony Roma's for ribs. It was Adam's choice, which is funny because he doesn't even like ribs!

2 comments:

Lyndie Perkins said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it at work.

Three CRAZY boys and a lady said...

i am pretty sure that adam is almost as tall as you..