Thursday, November 4, 2010

MonDAY: Fishing Fiasco and Precious Pools

On Monday Lewis had an early 6:30am meeting and then he was going straight to deep sea fish while I had a massage and hang out at the pool all day.
So first thing at 8am I had a massage. Following the massage you have a steam and then a shower. It was very nice. The steam room is so full of eucalyptus steam that you can't even see your hand in front of your face. When you need to get out they call your name from the door and you have to feel your way out. Then the showers are about the size of a whole bathroom with several shower heads and benches built in. When I was done I walked back to my room and this guy met me:
I love when they make towel animals! So fun!! When I changed into my swimsuit and cover up, I went to the restaurant overlooking the pool and had some seasonal fruit. Then I saw Courtney (one of the wives) and we got spots at the pool to relax for the rest of the day. BTW it was only about 10:15 or so. After a couple of hours Lance and Jodi (who I sang with the night before), and Tammy came down to hang out by the pool just in time to order lunch. We had Lance take these pictures for us:


While we were having a "rough" day sitting at the pool, ordering food, swimming, being served fresh fruit Popsicles, and having our faces misted by the pool guys Lewis,
Jason (Courtney's husband),
and Ross (Tammy's husband)
were out deep sea fishing. A whole big group went from their company and were split into groups of 6. Not only did they get the most ghetto boat in the marina (while everyone else got fancy nice boats) they also got a questionable lunch of old stale sandwiches and spinach in zip lock bags. Their boat had no beds and the toilet was right in front of a big window for all to see and if they wanted to flush they needed to pump the stuff down. They came home catching only one fish and miffed that they got the short end of the stick in the boat department.
I thought that Monday was a wonderful, fun day and would do it over again the same way. Lewis on the other hand would have done anything but what he did. Sorry babe!!

No comments: