Sunday, January 25, 2009

Haley's Ear


Why? Why is it always Sunday night? Haley is screaming that her ear hurts. She says that she can't hear and it is "watery". I am sure that her cold is clogging her ear. So I give her some medicine that the doctor recommended to help dry up the congestion and to clear her ear. Then we decide to give her the drops that they prescribed last time she had an ear infection to numb the ear drum so that they pain goes away. As soon as she sees the drops she throws a fit! Lewis had to physically pin her down with his legs and hold her arms while I took the 3 seconds to put 2 drops in her left ear. She is laying down on my bed watching a show now. The crying has stopped and she is going to fall asleep soon. 

My question is: Why does she have to scream like that? She has had these drops before. She knows that they do not hurt. So what's the deal? I get so mad when she is throwing the fit and then I feel bad for yelling at her as soon as she stops the fit, but I am still mad. I dread ear infections for this reason!! I hope her ear feels better and doesn't keep her, or me, up all night.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Every time I look at your blog, your kids just keep getting bigger! I can remember when we were at the Ranch and Adam was just so little and Jason a baby..? Man.. time flies so fast I can't believe it!

Courtney said...

and who takes all these cute pictures??

Anonymous said...

We missed you last night. Sorry to hear about Haley.