Monday, January 26, 2009

Drop The Bomb (Not for younger readers)

This post may not be appropriate for younger readers. Please ask your parents to screen this before viewing for yourselves.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I dropped the bomb. What bomb you ask? The big one. The "F" bomb.
Ha!
I was so irritated that I said it. We were working out at school and I realised that I was late getting the boys to basketball practice. I called Lewis and told him that he would have to take the boys last minute, he was so not happy with that. I got off the phone and was just so frustrated that it just slipped out. Then I went to the car and turned to Haley and Abi, who happen to be in the room when I said it, and apologised.
ME: "Sorry sisters. I said a naughty word. I am sorry. It is a mean word and I should have never said it. We don't talk like that. There are many more words that are better to use if we are mad."
HALEY:"You said a bad word? What word was it?"
ABI: "Yeah, what was it? Did you say stupid?"
ME: "The bad one, the really bad one. It is a really bad word. I will try not to get so mad."
HALEY: "Hmmmm... Yeah, I did not hear you, plus I don't know what that word is."
Moral of the story: Don't drop the "F" bomb around kids, but if you have to do it, do it around Haley and Abigail because they are clueless.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few months ago Jason (age 7 at the time) had a friend over and for some reason the "F" word came up. I think they were playing a video game and it said "damn" and so they were discussing cussing.
JASON'S FRIEND: "The "F" word is bad. But I have heard it before."
ME: "You should not say that word. Did you know that whenever you say the "F" word a baby bird dies?" (I only said this jokingly because I had just been talking to the girls about fairies and how they die if you say, "I don't believe in fairies." And then you have to clap to bring them back to life.)
JASON'S FRIEND: "Yeah well, then my mom has killed like a ton a baby birds."
ME: "Yeah, don't worry about it, so have I."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my point. It is just a word. It is a crass word that the majority of the time is unneeded. That is until you are late getting the boys and your husband has to take them for you, and he is so unhappy about that, so you need to release the anger that is building up inside so that you do not go and throw the janitor's power saw off of the table in the lunchroom that you have asked him to move twice now and is still sitting there because he either 1. doesn't understand that I NEED it moved NOW or 2. doesn't care what you are saying and he has decided to move it when he feels good and ready to move it, or when he is done with the project that is ruining, yes ruining, did I mention that it is ruining my lunch tables, but the project is taking much longer then expected, like all of his other projects usually do to spite the fact that they are projects that might take someone else 20 minutes to finish, they take hours if not days to finish and meanwhile a kid is going to play with that saw while I am the one in the lunch room supervising and so I am going to be to blame for the missing hand and the blood, oh the blood all over the floor, oh I am so not cleaning that up, it is definitely not in my contract.
Anyway, sometimes the word is needed. Even if it said just in my head.
*Whens my vacation?*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids are going to learn more bad words from me then anyone else. i have a hard time not useing them.

Ruby said...

Wierd.

Jessica Stark said...

Ha ha ha! I was laughing out loud when you were talking about the saw! I did enjoy your F bomb, though. I have to say. :)