Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Update for my last post

I am not trying to make this a church vs non-church thing at all. This is about my personal opinion on the picture. I know that some of the photos that Abercrombie has out are not great but they are not obscene either. I am not raising my children as "heathens" because they have seen a "butt" before that is not theirs. I want them to respect their bodies. I want them to be modest and know right from wrong, but I do not want them raised as prudes who are afraid of everything either. I could go on about art and sculpture that people think are obscene and will not let their kids see. But I for one want my children to learn about the world and all it has to offer.

Sorry about the ranting...

2 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Amen sista. As a former A&Fer, I couldn't care less about the advertising. But people like to complain and force their opinions on others. Some kind of self-righteousness. Too much time on their hands. Nothing better to do than complain. etc...

Anonymous said...

it's a fine picture. kids are innocent anyway, and i don't think it's satan trying to corrupt them. don't people go swimming? it's the same amount of skin!