Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sitting and Waiting...

Adam is at his first day of Snowboard School. I am sitting here waiting for him. Here is how the day has gone so far...

We needed to leave at 7:45 am, to eat breakfast in the car on our way to Brighton, to get here in time to rent his gear and get to his lesson. The alarm did not go off, I had to race through a shower and get Adam up and we still did not leave until 8:15 am. It took longer to get here then I thought it would. It was sunny and nice but there was a SLOW!!! truck in front of us the whole way up the mountain. He took up the whole road even on the parts where there was a passing lane. It was ridiculous. So we got here at 9:10 when we were supposed to be here at 8:30. Since we had never been here we had no idea what we were doing. I did not want to ask anyone, and risk looking stupid. (A little side note on myself. I hate to ask for directions because every time I do I end up being right in front of the place that I am looking for.) So I did give in and ask where we needed to go for the rentals and the lessons. Of course we were right outside the door to the rentals and right next to the lessons area. Whatever.... So we rushed in and rented his stuff and went out to the lessons. We got there at 9:25...perfect timing! Then we stood around for 30 minutes waiting for the instructors to get their crap in gear. Why did we rush? Who knows. Just as I was walking away to find something to do, for the next 6 hours, I realize that I left my cell phone at home. I just can't live without my phone, so I tell Adam I am going to drive home and then come back after lessons to get him. He HATED that idea. He wanted me to drive home, get my phone and come right back before they ate lunch. Hmmm...45 minutes each way. Fine. So I did it. It made him happy.
So here I am (after a wonderful drive home and back) sitting at the lodge and waiting for him to finish (along with 20 other parents). We only have an hour left so not too bad. I hope he is enjoying himself. I know I am (enjoying myself). I have managed to finish the March menu for Channing Hall, do 2 reports for the state and read my backlog of emails. Wow! This 6 hours alone has been productive. My favorite way to spend my weekend...doing work. I am so excited for the next 5 weeks of snowboarding lessons!! (Insert sarcasm here.)
Maybe next week I will take a lesson too. Scary thought I know.

No comments: