Monday, February 25, 2008

The Moment of Truth

So I was sitting in my hotel room and there was nothing on T.V. I went to rent something from a Red Box but it was empty of anything good. So I came back and started searching for something to watch.

I got to a show called 'The Moment of Truth'. The idea of the show is that the player has to answer questions honestly. So before the show the person is strapped to a lie detector and asked hundreds of questions. Then with their family and friends present they have to answer the questions. Tonight there was a woman on who was answering question after question honestly. She had nothing to hide. (Remember, her family and husband were on stage watching.) Even when the questions got to be things like "have you had sex with anyone else besides your husband since you have been married?", and when they had her Ex-boyfriend come on stage and ask her, "do you think that I am the one you should be married to?". To make the whole show she answered 17 questions honestly, just to loose all of her money with one "non-honest" answer. The question was "Do you think that you are a good person?" WHAT??? She answers honestly to everything else and then tries to say that she thinks she is a good person!?!

I must object to this show. Is America so desperate to see someone else so miserable that anything goes? Now I understand that these people choose to go on the show, and they make their own life choices, but this show can ruin lives. Having said all of this I am definitely watching this show again next week. I am as addicted to this crap as anyone else. But do not think you will ever see me on that show. I have too many skeletons in my closet.

Watch the trailer for the show here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApYkmsF4bGg

3 comments:

Sanford said...

Kendra, you strike as a fairly honest person, and by honest I mean someone who is candid. I know lots of people that don't make a habit of lying but they are anything but candid. They are polite and guarded -- but you never quite know what they really think. I have not experienced you as someone like that. Of course, I haven't seen you perform while attached to polygraph.

Anonymous said...

They had a big expose` about this on the radio. Some people were saying that the husband knew about it already-some were saying the husband kept her going in hopes that he would get money (half if they ended up divorcing). They couldn't understand why he didn't just walk out.

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Skeletons? What skeletons?? I can't imagine what they might be...