Monday, January 7, 2013

Tree Shopping

A little pre-story:

Four years ago we bought a tree at Costco. It was a beautiful 10 foot tree that was pre-lit with white lights. Exactly what I wanted. Well when we put it together this year some of the lights didn't work. So I called Costco and they told me to bring it back in and they would give me a full refund! Awesome! So as I was loading it up in the box Abi asked where I was taking the tree, and as any Dr. Seuss lover would have done I told her:

There is a light on this tree that won't light on one side. So I'm taking it back to my workshop my dear. I will fix it up there and bring it back here.

Then I gave her a cup and sent her to bed and she didn't understand why she had to go to bed at 5:30 before dinner.
Well we returned the tree and set out to get a real one this year. I was going to decorate a ladder that I had out to help me get the tree up but the girls threw a fit so we went to get a real one.

We picked a lot that had reindeer and a Santa. Here is Abi with the reindeer and her favorite pink flocked tree:




And then Santa, which I was assured that it was not the real one, just a helper guy:



My two strange kids. They love to make faces:


And finally the reason that we were there. the tree. It took me 10 seconds to pick one out and it turned out perfect. People thought we bought another fake tree. I loved it!


No comments: