Sunday, August 3, 2008

Retirement

On Friday the 18Th we went to Marty's retirement. The whole reason for our wonderful trip. It was a beautiful, patriotic, eye watering ceremony. At the end of the ceremony they played the song, "I'm Proud to be an American" and Jason sat up tall and proud and sang every word while looking at me and giving me a thumbs up. I was at a loss for words. I was so proud, and happy that even he could understand the significance of the day.

The kids at the Navy Memorial

The cute 3 year olds!



After the Retirement we went back to their house and took a bunch of pictures. The kids got one with grandpa and they even got him to participate in out tradition. One nice picture:

And one crazy one:



We Love You Grandpa Marty!

1 comment:

Ruby said...

So who's retirement was it? Cute pictures!