Thursday, August 21, 2008

It Is Over...

It is over. Summer is officially over for us. The kids have been in school for almost a week now, I have been working and setting things up at work for a month, and the time has just flown by. Last time I checked we still had 4 weeks of summer left before school, and now suddenly I am thrust into the daily work, school grind. When did this happen? It totally crept up on me.

What will I miss?

* Swimming at least 4 days a week
* Staying outside until 10 pm watching the kids play in the yard with all of the neighbors
* Having the kids sleep until 10 or 11 in the morning
* Reading 4 books a week (or one a day!)
* Not having a schedule
* Sleepovers
* Watching Mama Mia every week at the theaters
* Daydreaming
* Going to 2 or 3 movies a week
* Having all of the dishes done all of the time because I had a lot of time
* Popsicles
* Playing in the garden at school anytime I wanted
* BBQ's at Dad's and Cris'
* Friends
* Kids on the slip-n-slide
* Visiting the East Coast
* Snuggling with the kids for hours
* Chalk
* Bubbles
* Park play dates
* Green grass (from watering 3 times a day!)
* Tans
* Shaved Ice
* Talking to KT all night
* Abi in her cute swimsuits (4) with her baby butt ( it last year for that! she is going to be too big next year)
* Adam diving at the pool
* Jason and Cash playing all day everyday happily
* Haley looking so right with her tan and blond hair in the sun
* Being in a good mood most of the time
* Rummy

Things I will not miss:

* Lack of schedules
* Sunburns (only 1 this year and it was not too bad)
* Wasps
* Kids being bored when I have to work
* Not having time to blog everyday (I heart blogging)

Um........ there is not much that I will not miss. The kids are finally old enough to have lots of good fun with during the summer. I LOVE the summer. I will miss summer. I will miss the sun. The warmth it provides me. The way it feels burning (in a good way) my face. The sounds at night during the summer. The breeze at night. The stars when it is warm enough to sit out at night and look at them. The random summer thunder storms that make me think of home. The nights out with the girls. Dates with Lewis. And so much more. I LOVE the summer...

BUT that does not mean that I do not LOVE the fall too. But that's another post...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am missing the summer. I may complaine about the noise and the mess but I love when they are home. ANd don't forget the smell of fresh air on your kids I like that warm smell.

Sarah said...

Oh Mama Mia! That night was so much fun!!! I miss seeing you everyday. How is Jason? I can't believe that he is 2nd grade already. Is Hailey having fun in CHERP?