Monday, March 23, 2009

Really?

1.Seriously? If this has something to do with my post then you really need to step back and look at the big picture. Taking things personally does not become you, because most of the time it has nothing to do with what you think it has to do with.

2.If this has nothing to do with my post then I am completely wrong about #1, but the rest of the info works well for everyone out there. :)

3.You need to let people get to know you. I hated it here when we first got here. HATED it. I had all of the same excuses as you, neighborhood, snotty people, etc... It was not until we moved to LA and then OK (5 years later) that I saw that I was not giving Utah the chance. I was so stuck on how great our old home was, that I never took the time to see the good things that were right in front of my face. I just had to go out there and make the effort, and it took a while.

4. People joke. Everyone at some point takes things too seriously, and everyone at some point doesn't get the joke. If you are as comfortable as you say, then you would know that in that house laughing, joking, having fun is the only way to go. Have you not seen that the more we joke, the more we play and have fun, the more we all get along, and the happier everyone is together? And the more people get offended and fuss the worse it is for everyone. That is why certain people can't hack it in the Balmanno household. That is why some people don't show all of the time, or ever at all.

If you get offended when someone says you are fat, ugly, strange, talkative, loud, quiet, freakish, boring, sensitive, shy, or stinky then don't show up for the showdown. We all know how everyone feels (and if you don't then you are not as comfortable as you think) and if laughter is the name of the game, then I am in. We have serious times too, but we are not 12 and worried about what the boy across the hall thinks about us. People are accepted as they are. We may tease and joke, but we ALL tease and joke equally.

I am sure that Cris and Sam are gonna have a field day with this one. You boys said you were bored at work and needed something to read... well read on boys, read on!!

Tomorrow: People Hate The Things About You That They See In Themselves (This one really has nothing to do with this post, I just thought that this would make a really good post for tomorrow!)

5 comments:

CBalmanno said...

ummm...still waiting for the People Hate The Things About You That They See In Themselves post.

Miss Kendra said...

I am working on it. There has been a lot of drama at school that has kept my attention this week.

Sypher said...

blah blah blah is all I hear. Get to posting !!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a hard week. Sorry for all of my drama. Are you still up for a late movie?

CBalmanno said...

What? We all need a Wendover trip? I'm in.