Friday, September 18, 2009

Boys, Bugs, Beef

BOYS

Tonight Lewis and I took 5 kids to the movies and left 2 boys (who did not want to go) home alone for about 2.5 hours. The boys that were left home alone are both 11 and have stayed home many times just long enough for us to go to the movies and come back. I fed them before I left, told them that they could have a snack but not another dinner, gave instructions on what they were allowed and not allowed to do, and I felt completely comfortable leaving them. When I got home I could have screamed. Maybe I did a little. They had made a full on meal. Toaster over pizza things and drinks. Wait! It gets better. They were eating it in the living room, which is a really big NOT ALLOWED in the new house. They had a whole picnic set up with trays and chairs and everything. Yeah, it bugged me but I did not yell yet.

BUGS

I did not yell until I saw the 10,000 (no exaggeration at all!!) bugs covering my ceiling, kitchen table, doors, windows and walls. I gagged. No really, I did. (If you know me, then you know that I do not like bugs. The don't scare me but I think that they are disgusting and I want nothing to do with them. It is the only reason that I regret moving into this house. The bugs from the woods!) So anyway, they were everywhere. And I got pissed. Of course the boys have no idea how they got into the house, they did not leave the door open. Yeah. Okay. I can tell you this, if I am not around to tell kids to shut the door then it will not get shut. But they assured me that it was not them. (It must have been Mojito. Yeah because he can open doors and leave them open while he goes outside.) So these bugs are everywhere. Flying around landing on me, on the floor, counter everywhere. Lewis gives Adam the vacuum to suck them up and he is mad that he has to do the job. Whatever kid, get over it. You made the mess now deal with it. I ended up doing it myself after he "tried". I really do not know what happened but I can say that he will never leave the door open after he goes in and out ever anywhere again.

BEEF

We took the other 5 kids to see Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs tonight for a fun night out. The movie was funny and all 5 kids liked it, and Lewis did too. Lots if funny food jokes and with Mr.T doing the voice of a crazy security guard in tiny tight shorts made for a great time for both kids and adults.

Overall a good night. The beef was good, but the boys bugged me. :)

P.S. I still feel like the bugs are crawling all over me!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No comments: