Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow, Shopping, Sysco and Vegas

So here is the past week in a bulleted list:
  • It snowed again. Just when the snow from last week started to melt, we get 7 more inches. The kids are loving it. We finally have boots, snow pants, gloves, and coats for all of the kids that fit. It seems like everyone grew out of everything that we bought last year. So we had to start from scratch.
  • I am trying to get the Holiday shopping done. Lewis has no desire this year, or so it seems, to go shopping at all. I am doing all of it. I have bought every present for the kids so far. And we are done except for the little things...from you know who. (Hopefully Adam does not read this. He is still a believer at 9 and I would love to have 1 more year with him believing.) I am having trouble getting stuff for Lewis. I have some things but I need little stuff for him too, and have no ideas. Men are the hardest to buy for. I agree with my mother-in-law, buy gift cards. That way they get what they want.
  • Sysco. I bet you are wondering what Sysco is. Sysco is a food supply company. Restaurants use them and the school that I work for does as well. They deliver our milk for the kids, and a few other kitchen supplies. Well the rep from Sysco is why they make the blog this week. He came for a visit to make sure we were satisfied and to try and get us to buy more. You know the regular thing that sales guys do. Well when he walked into my office I thought that I was going to throw up or pass out!! He was wearing so much cologne that I suddenly could not breathe. Now maybe some of you ladies like that, but good grief! It was horrible!!! So for all of you guys out there reading this make sure the cologne is at an appropriate level for public, or you are going to gas the ladies out of the room.
  • Vegas. Oh Vegas. Vegas is how this blog began. My husband, Lewis, went to Vegas with some childhood friends this past summer. He planned to go at the last minute and did not have to worry about anything. He took a day off from work, jumped in the car and drove. I had to worry about the kids, the schedules, school, work, daycare, etc...he just assumed that I would handle it all happily. Well assumed that I would handle it, which I did. I did not do it happily. That why this blog is named "When's My Vacation?". Because I hardly ever get one, and even when I do it is with the kids so it is not a real vacation. I usually need a vacation after I get back from going with them. Well, it is happening again. Lewis has a friend who also works for the Jazz and he got them tickets to the Las Vegas Bowl game which is BYU vs UCLA. The friend has a suite at the Bellagio too. Jazz people. Oh yeah, did I forget to say when the game was? It is the Saturday before CHRISTMAS!!! So I get to be home with kids for 2 days right before Christmas. What am I supposed to do? They are going to be crazy. I am going to be crazy. What if I have last second errands to run...which I always do. You know what I need? I NEED A VACATION!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know i feel for you.... i love you!

you know what peeves me (though it shouldn't really) is that i am listed by myself on the link on other people's blogs.

The Queen Bee said...

i hear you. Ryan is gone the whole WEEK (mon - sat) before Christmas. I tried to get EVERYThING done but I know there is going to be somethign I forgot. The kids are already bouncing off the walls and begging to open presents everyday. I guess I will have late saturday night and christmas eve. And who knows when ryan is going to do HIS shopping.