Sunday, December 23, 2007

Is it the 23rd already???

Wow this month has passed so fast. I do not know where the time has gone. It is 2 days till Christmas and since Lewis has been gone all weekend I have not been to the grocery store, or to the dry cleaners or anywhere else I usually go on the weekend. Here is an update for the past week or so:

Adam had a school play last week on Thursday the 13Th. It was so cute. They did The Night Before Christmas as adapted by Ms. Reid's 4Th grade class. They did a good job. He had one line to say alone and he did it very well. He also rang the hand bells during some songs. He said he was not nervous and I think he was very proud of himself afterward.

On the 14 I went out to dinner with just my 4 siblings. It was the first time the 5 of us have ever done anything by ourselves...ever! It was fun. I think now that we are older we have become a little more accepting to each others um..flaws? or whatever you want to call them.

Jason had a "FUN" day at the dentist on the 18Th. He went in to have a cracked tooth fixed and a cavity filled. He woke up half way through and grabbed he metal dam out of his mouth and ripped open his gums and tongue. They had to do a quick fix. I was devastated. He has to go into the surgery center on the 8 Th of January to have it fixed. When I later asked him how the dentist was he said, "It was easy breezy, and same old, same old. Did not hurt, but my mouth is stiff." STIFF?? I would say so. They had to glue him back together! I am not going to tell him what he did for a long time. It is not worth it making him scared of the dentist. We kept him home on Tuesday and Wednesday.

School got out on Friday the 21st. The kids could not have been more excited. Adam had a party after school that turned into a sleep over for a friend who is moving. He got zero sleep and so he was cranky all day yesterday. He is better now. Lewis left for Vegas and the BYU game on Friday. It is a good thing they won. I am not mad that he went anymore but I do want a vacation too (but that is another entry in the blog.) Friday is also the day that the toilet in my bathroom started leaking, and I had to turn it off, and I need to call the plumber. I am tired of toilet problems. (The one downstairs started leaking this summer and flooded the whole basement. It was a mess, it was disgusting, and I do not want that to happen again.)

So I feel like I am not ready for Christmas. I have some small things to get and I am going to have to get them on Monday when Lewis comes home from work. Oh yeah, Lewis has to work on Christmas Eve. I love the Jazz.

No comments: