Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sick Birthday and Family

All he wanted for his birthday was to go to the "meat restaurant", the Brazilian Buffet where they bring around spears with meat and grilled pineapple on them. He didn't even want a gift. But when his birthday came he was sicker than a dog. Poor guy. His 12th birthday was ruined.


Instead of meat he got this:


And this:


And this:


(We did end up getting him a gift card for his favorite game website and we went to the Brazilian Restaurant 2 weeks later. So don't feel too bad for the guy.)

Then as a gift to all of us for his birthday he gave us his sickness. It wasn't the flu or strep. It was just a nasty virus that stayed around for about 2 weeks. Each of the kids missed a week of school, Lewis missed a week of work, and I pushed through and worked the whole time. Even when I got a sinus infection and went through some antibiotics. It was miserable. I would go to work and then come home and climb into bed. The things we do for our families. The day I was the worst was a Friday and I was feeling so bad that I don't remember driving home from the school. I remember being there and then being home in bed. Scary.

Luckily, we are all got better. I still stand behind no flu shots for our family as we have not gotten the flu. And as half of the school had strep I know the hand washing that I force them do helps. 

No comments: