Friday, July 25, 2008

Whens My Vacation Part 2

Sunday, July 13 to Monday, July, 14





On Sunday morning I had to wake everyone up to get to breakfast before they closed it for the day. So everyone went down sleepy eyed and with frazzled hair. We had waffles, cereal, fruit and juice. There was also donuts, muffins, and bagels. The kids wasted a ton of food, but tried everything. After breakfast we got ready and went to Hershey's Chocolate World. We took the tour, sampled the fair and watched the show. The kids had a great time.



From there we went and had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel. After lunch Katie and I went and had pedicures while Lewis and the kids watched a movie and napped in the hotel. When we got back to the hotel we all went swimming for almost 2 hours. For dinner we went to the local grocery store and got salami, cheese, bread and fruit for dinner. The kids had Lunchables and juice. After dinner we watched a movie and then went to bed late again.


Monday morning I had to get up again and rouse the troops for breakfast again. We got there with 15 minutes to spare. After breakfast we hung around the hotel "getting ready" for over two hours. We showered the kids, packed the bags, played the computer, checked work emails, answered phone calls, and watched TV. Pretty much anything to waste time. We were in no hurry and we only had an hour or so drive ahead of us.

We finally got all ready to go and drove to Brent's family's house. We got there early afternoon and went swimming with the boys.


{I have a good story here. Well not good but a story. We went to the pool and there was no sun. As everyone knows I go to the pool so the kids can play and I can sit in the sun and read. Well, with no sun there was nothing for me to do. I finally relented to Katie's pleas and went to jump into the deep end with her. Adam was there using the diving board and so we joined him. Katie and I were going to jump together but Adam shoved me in before we could jump. It was cold and I was out for a little revenge. So Katie jumped in on her own. I got out went to Adam and said I was going to toss him in. He was laughing and going along with it, not fighting me at all. So I toss him in and I get whistled at by the lifeguard. "NO THROWING!" she yells at me. So I said he pushed me and and did not get a whistle and she yells at me again so I jump in and swim to the other side and get out. So to the lady at the pool: Don't whistle me if you are not going to do the same for MY kid when he does to me what I did to him. Just because you sit on the stand doesn't mean you are freaking King Titan. Side note: Maybe I just do not like people telling me what to do. This is what Lewis thinks. I am independent and I like to play. I listen to what my bosses tell me to do, and I do not mind. I just do not like when someone like a lifeguard (I would NEVER put my child in danger) or a fake cop at basketball games tells me what I am doing is wrong just so that they can feel puffed up about themselves. What do you think?}

Anyways so the pool was fun for the kids, but a bust for me. The sun finally came out and Katie got a little sun (finally!) she was looking rather white and glowish. We went back to Brent's and the kids had pizza (yuck!). I luckily have Belinda who was tired of pizza too so she made us chicken and rice. After dinner Adam drove the lawnmower and we all jumped on the trampoline and played in the yard for awhile. For dessert we had ice cream and brownies.
After dessert Lewis and I went to the store to get some Fabreeze for the smelly car and the kids all went to a local park. After going to the store we went on a walk of the neighborhood and enjoyed the humidity for a while. When the kids got back we got them ready for bed, and the boys watched Nacho Libre and Lewis and I watched the first half of Oliver. Everyone had gone to bed.

Morning of Tuesday, July 15

In the morning Brent and Belinda took the kids to a big park and Lewis and I had the morning to ourselves. Michael stayed home too and hung out. I worked for a few hours and Lewis did paperwork for his new job. I also got laundry done and made some work phone calls while it was quiet. Lewis made us breakfast too. It was nice and quiet. (Katie had left many hours before to go home and move into her new apartment in VA.) We had the car packed and ready to go when they got back from the park. We left right away and stopped for lunch at Wendys. We hit a little traffic once we got into DC but it was not too bad.


Next Time: Post 3 Tuesday, July 15 to Friday, July 18

No comments: