Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finally! Someone Likes My Idea!

I hosted my family for a BBQ on Saturday. I not only invited them over for dinner and fun, but I had ulterior motives as well. I wanted to go over family schedules with everyone so that we could schedule a few things. We always go to 7 Peaks as a family once a summer, so that needed to get scheduled. Alain wanted to plan out the season tickets for the BYU Football season.

I also wanted to propose an idea that I have been trying to get worked out for about, um... 6 years now. I proposed it with Lewis' family a few years back and everyone was excited to do it, but it never happened. People couldn't do it at the same time, or did not have the money. (Now most of them {minus Katie and Marty} have gone and done it already.) Marlo and I have also been talking about it for 3 years so I decided to take the plunge and ask the Balmanno's what they thought.

Oh Yeah! The idea. I suggested to the adults that we go to Disneyland for Christmas. Cris, Marlo and Alain were down with the idea just about from the start. I had done some research and I gave them the numbers, and they all agreed it was doable. My idea was that ALL of the siblings go with their spouses and kids, if applicable. Sam and Angel needed a little prodding, but came around to the idea. Even the kids, when asked if they would give up the gifts to go to Disney for Christmas, had an overwhelming positive response. Donna was just quite, but when asked she agreed it was a good idea. When Lewis was asked (I had not run the idea by him first) he responded with, "It is a fine idea, but I just figured that I did not have a say because this is the first that I have heard about it." Sorry dear! I was so excited that I forgot to talk to you.

So we are going to Disneyland for Christmas! I am totally excited. I wanted to take the kids since Adam was 3 or 4. And now we finally get to go! I have the best memories going with my family during the summers when I was growing up.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

if you don't mind what is this going to cost you? Like for an avereage person.. like you said numbers..? I am curious...