Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Back!


Well I am back from sunny California. My trip was all and nothing that I thought it would be. It was all that I thought it would be because I was able to learn a ton from the sessions and round tables. I met some amazing and inspiring people. These people really believe that we make a difference in the schools that we work with. We had some great speakers too. The conference was right along the lines of what I needed. I learned about dealing with people and stress in the workplace. I learned that I need to know what I want to accomplish before I can worry about how to get it accomplished. It was beautiful weather! I needed a few warm days. The sun, the sounds of the surf, and the air was wonderful. I went on a boat and did some whale watching. We were able to see a bunch of them. It was so much fun. I would definitely want to go again with the kids.
It was nothing that I thought it would be because on the way there I sprained my ankle and was unable to walk the whole time!!! It was crazy. I was stuck in bed for the first day. I hobbled around the rest of the time. I met some wonderful women who helped me out. So thanks to all of you. (Hopefully you all read this!)
So my "vacation" was not exactly what I thought it would be. It was long, painful, and great all at the same time. I missed my family and I missed home but, it was nice to be alone for a while too. We will see if I have a better time in St. George at my State Conference at the end of February. I will be alone there too. I do know all of the state people, so some familiar faces will be there. Hopefully it will not snow like it did last year!

No comments: