Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Got A New Car!!! Oh and Lewis got a new car too.






I got a new car! I got a new car! Can you tell that I am excited about my new car? So here is the deal...

We went a little crazy and decided to trade in both of our cars. I had a KIA Sadona and Lewis had a Toyota Corolla. Both were bare base models. The van was 5 years old and about to be paid off, but had 58,000 miles. The Toyota was 18 months old and had approximately 27,000 miles.

I have been driving the van for the past 5 years. A mini van. YUCK!!!! Anyone that knows me at all knows that I have never wanted a van...EVER. Even with 4 kids I hated driving a van. So the heavens shined down on me and I got my new car last Monday. It is a 2008 Ford Taurus X. It is a crossover. That means it is half way between an SUV and a station wagon. One of my friends described it as "A Subaru on steroids". I am in love with it. It is the first car that I have ever been really excited about. The kids love it. The 3rd row seats are raised so Jason can see over the seat in front of him, and he just loves that. The girls can get themselves in and out of it, I love that. It has all of these cool features. I think my favorite one is that by a push of a button the petals move up to meet my feet. (I am no longer sitting so close to the steering wheel that if we had an accident the airbag would crush me to death. That a bonus for everyone.) I know it can't be all perfect, and I will find things to complain about later, but for now the DVD playing, 7 passenger seating, dual zone climate controlling, SUV power having, car type gas mileage getting, made with short people in mind car, will do just fine.

Lew got a new car too. It is a 2007 Honda Civic S.I. Basically a sports car. Now, he needed a new car. We needed to get out of the Toyota with the HUGE percentage rate. He loves the new car. He told me today that he has never had a compliment on a car that he owned before. Probably because he has always had a sensible Toyota Corolla or a van to drive in. Today he got 2 compliments at one stop. He was beaming. I understand. Before he got the Corolla he just traded in he was driving a Corolla. And before that one, yep, another Corolla. Man we just liked the Corollas. Or maybe that what we could afford. Before the 3 Corollas we had (YIKES!!!) he drove a 2 door blue Geo Metro. (We each had one. When we met we both drove matching blue Geo Metros. We did not know it of course, but it is the cars that our fathers gave us when we got out of high school. The only difference was mine was a 1994 model and his was a (approximately) 1984 model.) His car is fast and manual, but he loves it.

No comments: