Sunday, October 7, 2007

Haley's 5th Birthday







Today I am writing in purple because it is Haley's favorite color. Her birthday weekend is finally over. It started on Friday with her actual birthday. She turned 5, and is now a big girl. She had a nice birthday. She got some new clothes and then she got to pick out where we went for dinner. She chose Applebee's. We sat to eat at 7pm, which is late for the kids, but they managed to behave themselves...pretty well. She managed to keep the birthday crown on all though dinner. She then managed to wear it most of the day on Saturday. On Saturday she a long (20 minuite) conversation with Lewis' mom on the phone. I don't know what she said, but she said it was her best conversation ever. On Sunday we had a family party with her Grandma, and Grandpa Balmanno, Cris and Marlo (my brother and his wife) and their 3 kids. It is also Michael, their youngest's birthday so they celebrated together. We had lasagna, garlic bread, swedish meatballs, salad, and 2 kinds of cake! Haley had a cheesecake and Michael had a chocolate cake. Haley got a new art set, a Strawberry Shortcake book, and finger puppets and a puppet stage. I think overall it was a great day for her! She still has one birthday surprise left, but that will not come until next week. I told her in leu of a party that I would take her and 1 friend to Sweet N' Sassy. It is a little spa place for little girls to get manicures and pedicures, and to have their hair done. It is so expensive though so I told her 1 friend. She wanted to have a whole party there but no way!! It would be like $200 to $250 for 5 girls!!! It is crazy. Still she is excited to go and take her friend Sage. I will post pics after they go.
So I have a funeral to go to tomorrow. I hate funerals. I never know what to say or do. My dad says it is because I do not know how to deal with death. Maybe he is right...maybe not. This will be my second funeral and/or service in 2 weeks. It seems like whenever I have funerals they come in 2's or 3's. Never 1 at a time. It is weird. Oh well. I will write more later.....

1 comment:

Kendall said...

I can't believe she is 5!!!