Sunday, September 2, 2007


So Lewis(my husband) doesn't like the name of my blog. He assumes that it has something to do with all of the trips he takes. Like the fact that he went to Las Vegas this past weekend with some old friends from high school while I stayed home with our 4 children. Maybe that has something to do with it.....maybe not.

Neighbors, Friends, Co-Workers.....they all go on vacation regularly. Even my siblings family's ( who by the way do not have jobs! ) go on vacation frequently. Day trips, weekend trips, week long, and 3 week long vacations to Australia (yeah you know who you are!!!). Maybe it is jealousy, maybe it is not.

Don't get me wrong I have been on tons of vacations. San Diego, Spain, Las Vegas, Washington D.C., Mexico, and Paris to name a few. But it has been a long time since my last trip. And did I mention that during all of my trips I was either young enough to still be living with my parents and under 16 at the time, or was grown with children of my own to come with me. I have officially been without any of my kids a total of 3 nights in over 9 years. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but I need a break too.

I named my blog "When's My Vacation" because my life is hectic, busy and I put up with a lot. A lot more then I realise sometimes. I work at a school and take care of a family of 6 plus a cat. At least once a day I think, When's My Vacation?, and then at least once a day I think, Damn, it is nice to be home!

Maybe I can't make up my mind...I think I might need a vacation.

2 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

I need a vacation too! I was thinking the same thing just yesterday. I have only had one night w/o my kids and I was 8 months pregnant with Max at the time (so I don't know if that even really counts). I would love just one day of waking up on my own w/o breakfast to make, and chores to do, and kids to take care of. Just one day of lounging with no KIDS!

Anonymous said...

This is Grandpa Balmanno (Alain). I like the site, the pictures, and the comments. I am still the reigning Rummy champ of the family however.