Saturday, September 22, 2007

Doctor Appointments


This past week I took my 2 boys to the doctor. Adam went on Tuesday, and Jason went on Wednesday. They are both healthy and fine.

After Jason's doctor was done with his check up she asked me, "so, who is the anxious one? You or your husband?" So I told her it was most likely me. (Adam and Jason are both a little anxious and nervous about new things and are scared of things that they have never tried.) I can stay awake all night worrying about things. She proceeded to tell me that being anxious is a genetic trait. While I was driving home I started thinking about it. My mother has always been a worry wart, and my dad stays awake at night worrying about everything. So does my grandmother. So I called my mom and asked her, and found out that her grandmother was also an overly anxious person. So that explains it. Oh great, now I have something else to worry about. I wonder if the girls worry too?

But on a very funny note... during Adam's doctor appointment she made a comment to him about how puberty is right around the corner. He said, "Yeah so is blockbuster but mom won't let me go there either!" It was so funny that the doctor and I could not stop laughing for 5 minutes!! Now he walks around and says, "Mom, tell them that funny thing I said at the doctor!"...he has no idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wrote my comment and then was told I had to sign in, so I lost my comment. sigh. This blog thing is neat but I think it would get me into trouble - I'd say far too much. I don't think I need a vacation. I think I would like words of appreciation from the people for whom I do the most - my family. I don't need cash - yeah, words of appreciation are my currency. I won't be holding my breath - see, I say things that could get me into trouble. Love your pic and hilarious about Adam! xo