Friday, September 28, 2007

Pinewood Derby


On Thursday Adam had his first Pinewood Derby. He has been doing scouts now for about a year, and neither Lewis nor I know much about it. He has had hit or miss leaders in the past. Last year the only reason he moved up to Wolf is because he and I sat down and did the whole book in 1 day.

So about the derby. He was so excited to make the car and race the car. Lewis and I were...well less then enthused. We have no idea how to do those things. Lewis is not a "handmade" kind of dad. Lewis quit scouts when he was like 10. He never remembers doing the derby and building the car...we don't have tools and saws and such. So Adam went to the scout masters house and had him help build the car. It ended up OK and Adam got "Most Unusual Car" in the pack. He got 2nd to last place, but had a great time doing it.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Hi Kendra!!
Man, I haven't talked to you in forever!! I am glad you are doing a blog so I can see what you and your family are up to!! Check out ours!!!
Kendall