Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thanksgiving


We started a family tradition about 4 years ago. We (I) decided that Thanksgiving is a hard holiday in a household of 4 children who are just like their mom picky eaters. I would make the whole spread and cook for two days just for them to eat turkey and pie. So we decided for my sanity to start going out for our big meal. It has been heaven ever since. We have been going to The Grand America in Salt Lake the past 2 years and we love it. This year we took my parents with us and we had a great time.

The girls happily get all dressed up in new dresses and the boys were button up shirts. This year Adam even put on pants! You might think that is funny but he wears shorts every single day unless he has to. In the past year he has worn pants twice. Once on Thanksgiving and once on Halloween but only because it was part of his costume.





We had a great time eating lunch. In the evening we all (including Adam) went to see Aurthur Christmas and have dinner at the movies. I LOVE our Thanksgiving tradition. It is just a day that we can be together and have fun without the fuss and mess. I am THANKFUL that my little family puts up with me and embraces my tradition :)

No comments: