Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year we tried something new. We started a new Frampton family tradition. We decided to eat out. Oh it was the best idea that we have ever had! Everyone enjoyed the food and the fun. I enjoyed the lack of dirty dishes and the extra time that I had on my hands on Thanksgiving morning. Here are the kids after lunch right before heading out to out other new tradition.
We went to the movies. I know lots of families that go to the movies on Thanksgiving, but had never gone. We went to see Fantastic Mr. Fox. I loved it but the kids just thought that it was so-so. After the movies we went to my brother's house for dessert and dancing. Yes the traditional Balmanno Family Dance Party did happen this year. It was as fun as always. Everyone got in on the action, including Adam who did the Worm for everyone. Her are all of the Balmanno grand kids with a pie or cake or crumble. On top of this we also had ice cream for the kids to top off the pies. We always have way too much, but that is one of the great things about Thanksgiving. Lots of food.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you!!
After getting the kids to bed Lewis and I went out to see the Jazz game. It did not start until almost 9pm. We called our friends to come and meet us so they drove up to watch the game. I had a great time chatting with them and watching the Jazz win.
The next day on "Black Friday" Adam and I got up at the awful hour of 3:45am and went to Wal-mart with my mom, brother and sil. We had a great time. I did not buy anything for Christmas but we got to go to breakfast and then we were home by 6:30am; just in time for me to take Mojito to the Vet to get snipped! I dropped him off and headed home to shower and meet up with Jess and Sean my favorite newlyweds! We were going to go shopping but after getting In' N' Out the lines were so long that we gave up and went home.
Overall the weekend was great. We ate, shopped, visited and ate some more.

No comments: